Friday, September 7, 2012

Take out the TRASH in your mind


Recently, the roller coaster has become my source of enlightenment. YES! I'm beginning to see roller coasters in a different light, it's more than just a ride. It's the best medicine when you need to vent or scream your frustrations and worries away. Other than being one of my favourite cures, I found another deeper use to it. I went for a talk earlier this week, and the speaker was sharing the importance of living "in the moment".


"Take out the trash in your mind. The trash is anything that keeps you away from the only thing that matters, which is now."

He was asking how often are we actually PRESENT. I thought I was, but then I realized, many times we are either harping on the past which is over or worrying about the unknown future. And then he asked, "when was the last time you felt present?"
When I was on the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!
The 5 consecutive rides on both the human and cylon definitely took out the trash in my mind and my voice as well. It's funny how your mind can be so blank yet so clear of what's happening, and I guess that's when we can truly experience the present.

What was the last thing you did that made you feel you emptied the trash out of your mind?









No comments:

Post a Comment