Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oldest New Cafes

Every Sunday I look forward to my favourite paper of the week, the Sunday Lifestyle page, the FOOD section. Couple of weeks back they have a FULL 2 page spread on new DESSERT places, and naturally I was busy taking down notes, planning where to go first. Since I have yet to try anything from the oldest-new dessert enclave, I decided to head down to Everton Park. Everton Park is one of Singapore's oldest HDB blocks in Singapore, but this quaint little neighbourhood now houses the newest hipster cafes in town. 

Decided to try the latest addition to the Everton estate, The Audacious Cakery as seen on the Sunday Times Lifestyle, they recommended their Chocolate Souffle Tart (S$6.80). The chocolate tarts I usually have are sticky, dense and heavy on the cream, so I was rather curious to try the texture of a souffle tart. It was literally a souffle in a tart form. Light, creamy and still intense but not excessive. It's served with a crunchy chocolate base and a nutty biscuit top. Worth a try if you're around the vicinity! 


In my attempt to cafe hop, I headed down to Batterworks after the tart. A cosy little cafe that serves their goodies in bite size too, with their price ranging from S$2.50 onwards. I ordered their Apple Crumble, which I would say it's alright, nothing fantastic but very homemade in taste. It wasn't too sweet, so perhaps it might be a healthier choice? 


Love Bonito Top, Herve Leger Bandage Skirt, Alodge (far east plaza) black clutch, Collier de Chien 

The Audacious Cakery
BLk 2 Everton Park #01-61 
Mon-Sat 8am-7pm
Closed on Sunday
62233047

Batterworks
Blk 4 #01-42 Everton Park
Mon-Fri 830am-6pm
Sat-Sun 830am-3pm
64382208

No comments:

Post a Comment