Wednesday, November 6, 2013

FlatLands

Let's be honest, sometimes we suffer for fashion in those sky high heels (think 6 inch Louboutins with their slim and tiny peep holes). That's why, ballet flats will always have a special place in my closet. But then again, getting too comfy with the ballerina look drives me into a style rut. Not this time-thanks to this season's new crop of flats. Comfy, practical and this season's must haves skater slip-ons, loafers, sneakers to oxfords, is bringing out the "shoe-o-holic" in me. 

One of my favourite style icons has got to be Alexa Chung and her "I don't bother vibe" style. Her penchant for flats, sixties silhouettes, with hints of androgyny gravitates me towards her so naturally.

Photo credit: fashionone.com Alexa Chung in Superga 2750 Linu flats paired with a leather mini skirt

Totally drooling over these slick Miu Miu Loafers. No matter how you pair these with, feminine suits, skirts or skinny jeans, and perhaps a floppy wide brim hat, you'll look like you just walked out of the boutiques along Champs Elysees. All ready for some Laduree and macaroons for tea. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will go on sale soon *and please be in my size*
Photo credits: weworewhat.com

Printed flats are another great way to spice up any basic outfit. I like how Miranda Kerr shows hints of her carnal instincts with either a leopard print flats or cardigan, paired with a very basic denim and black blouse/tee. Perfect way to dress down the loud leopard look without having to try too hard.
Avec Moderation 
Photo credit: stylebistro.com
Philip Lim Loafers on weworewhat.com


Couldn't resist the temptation of online shopping and all the subliminal priming of "MUST HAVES FLATS"...so I caved and bought me a Steve by Steven Madden white and black flats and sorbet pink Soludos suede sneakers. Can't wait to break into them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment