Wednesday, April 11, 2012

期待《晴天》Awaiting...One Fine Day

Over the easter weekend, I was invited to perform at Jean Yip's 30th anniversary kickstart party.  It was definitely one of my most nerve wrecking performances to date, because this is the first time I'm performing my songs from my debut album 《晴天》One Fine Day in front of so many people. From dreaming a dream to realizing my dream, I am really excited to share this album with the people I love and the people I will get to know.


Prepping before the show. Thanks Peter Khor for the beautiful make up :) You are really the 师傅! Thanks Joe for the luscious curls

Directors toasting to 30th wonderful years! Yum Seng!

Standing by backstage, I was nervous and my fingers were really cold and I was trembling. 
"Will I forget my lyrics?"
"Will I sing alright?"
"Will my dress keep slipping off?"
"How would they respond to my songs? Yes?No?Maybe?"
"Ahhhh!!!"

 Having noticed that, Zheng ying who was standing beside me kept assuring me everything will be alright, "Just be yourself, and have fun!" This was when i knew that I just needed to get on stage and everything will be fine! It's usually the anticipation and pre-show jitters that leaves butterflies in my stomach.








Thank God it went well!! phew. And this is only the beginning to the many challenges ahead. Stress, oh, stress, you are just a hurdle, I am going to work even harder to conqueror you!

The evening went really well and it only occurred to me that all i had on Saturday was only brunch- a bowl of homemade macaroni soup from mummy with love. And I wasn't even feeling hungry or tired or sleepy, cos all i could feel was excitement and the anticipation for things to kick in the next few months!!






Cheers to 30th beautiful years!

First time I saw my posters. Came out hot right from the printing press 


I spotted this sweet little girl clapping along when I was singing on stage. When I saw her swaying to my songs, it struck me to remember the times when I was little- no fear, no worries, just do it and enjoy it!! 


Ms Jean Yip Super Shine 2012! Congrats Girl!

My most smily friend, gwen :) 
My very genius uncle oliver! He was "commanding" and mobilizing the online voting when I was in TVB. He never gave up, not even for a minute. Uncle oliver, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
The greatest family on earth! left to right: me, mei mei, daddy, mummy


 I was so happy to receive positive feedback from the audience that they really love my songs...thank you for all the encouragement! Thanks Jean (faithacts), and all the wonderful ladies from YWLC! Your warmth and support gave me strength and courage to continue to pursue what I love and believe in. I will continue to work hard and make you girls proud!



Day 2. Easter Sunday!





1 comment:

  1. sweet singer

    Glad to be among the visitors on this awe inspiring web website.

    Thank you for sharing superb information. Your web-site is very cool. I am impressed by the info that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles.

    http://www.simplyrichhome.com

    108 Easy Ways To Make Money | Secrets On How To Make Money Guide

    $1,868,988.67 $188,383.87 Deposited In Your Bank Account Life Can Turn 360 degrees for you

    http://www.simplyrichhome.com

    ReplyDelete