Thursday, March 6, 2014

Detox Diary: Humpday 3 of 5 Juice Cleanse with Beauty Cleanse

I am an extremist. A total health nut or go all crazy on the sweets and end up in a carbiside (carb-suicide), which I'm guilty of, the past 2-3months. So when this whole juice cleanse hype came along, it caught my attention yet I didn't wanna jump into another fad diet and was a little apprehensive on taking just liquids.

But at the same time, all that holiday feasting unlocked my dark side of uncontrollable desserts and sugary cravings that's beginning to get out of hand. Plus all that late nights and feasting, I was definitely thrown off the healthy bandwagon and seems like my body was a waste basket. The best solution:
cold turkey!! 

I was so excited when the good people of Beauty Cleanse and Jayne from Nuffnang came to my rescue  to pull me back into a healthy clean regime with their nutritionally customized cold pressed juice. I had to start somewhere, why not here!

Reasons for detox:
1) Give my body a much needed rest from all the binge eating
2) Flush out toxins from all the "goodies" I've accumulated
3) Reset my metabolism from all that yo-yo fad diets 
4) Say Bye Bye to the sugarholic in me
5) Hello to glowing, radiant skin and rid of excess weight and water.

So here goes...

What I did for Pre-Cleanse:
Cut down on meat, poultry, wheat, dairy, sugary drinks, high fat food.
Introduce lots of raw fruits and vege into your diet.
Hydrate with lots of water and a slice of lemon with water in the morning.
Avoid a big dinner before your cleanse to ease your body into it.

The juices were personally delivered by Beauty Cleanse the night before, comprising of a cool storage bag with 18 juices ( the remaining 2 days will be delivered on day 3 to maintain its freshness), and a few organic supplements, which include, the Colosan Powder, Spirulina, Acai Berry, Flaxseed Oil, Green Superfood, Milk Thistle and Pu-er Tea. These supplements aim to support your cleanse and maximize the potential benefits.  You may also to chose to have the cleanse without the supplements.



Day 1 Tuesday:
9am: Warm lemon waterCarrot Blend(carrots, celery, cucumber), 1tbsp of Colosan Powder *laxative effect*

11am: Light green vege juice Blend (apple, cucumber, celery, kale, ginger)
A really light blend and tasted pretty alright and nutritous. It has a slight raw taste but manageable.

12.30pm: Time to break a sweat.
Exercise is encouraged to promote the detoxification process

2pm: Purple Blend (beetroot, red cabbage, apple, celery, ginger) 
This definitely replenished my energy, kinda yummy and not too sweet.


3pm: Baking Time. You must be wondering if I cheated. Nope! A couple of friends b'days were round the corner and yeaps I managed to bake without being tempted to try. Seems like this whole juice thing is working its wonders. I wasn't hungry or craving any sweets or solids. 

430pm: Dark green vege blend (celery, cucumber, mint, romaine)
With the exception of the minty taste, this one was a little hard to swallow. It's basically a full on vege juice.

7pm: Spicy Lemonade (cayenne peppers, lemon, honey)
 This blend is one of my top fav!! It's refreshing and helps to curb off any cravings by dinner time. I like how the cayenne peppers give a nice spicy twist to your usual honey lemon drinks.

9pm: Cashew nut milk (cashew nuts, cinnamon, honey)
I heated this one up cos I wasn't used to so much cold liquid and having something warm in my tummy was gonna make me feel better. This is another hot fav! Perfect drink before bed time. I'm not a milk fan, nor have the habit of drinking milk. But surprisingly, it doesn't have the overly rich and creamy milky taste, but a light wholesome flavour and I like the cinnamon added to it.

My thoughts: I didn't feel hungry the whole day. No headaches, nor dizzy spells, no dessert cravings or craving for solid food. And I felt pretty good and all ready for a good night's rest. 
No problems running around the whole day, with the exception of having a number of runs to the bathroom.
Definitely enough energy to get through a normal day smoothly.


Day2 Wednesday:
Added a ginger tea to my AM routine, cos I was starting feeling a little bloated.
Mix and match the juices a little, but keeping the carrot blend as the 1st one and the nut milk as the last and an hour or so before bedtime.
I managed to resist the breakfast spread *curry puff, kueh kueh, sandwiches, banana cake, chocolate truffle cake* O_O at script read, kept reminding myslef, "You're only cheating yourself!!"

The downside of this cleanse is that your tummy might feel bloated and kept wanting to run to the bathroom. The beauty cleanse team assured me that it's normal and perhaps it's the effervescent effect of the colosan powder.

Day 2 has got to be the hardest for me, cos I was really craving hot soupy food and started to get a little cranky. Working on a heavy schedule on this day might be a little tough, especially on your colleagues cos you might get a little snappy.
Took some peppermint tea to help with the bloatedness and nettle tea for the water retention.

Day 3 Thursday:
Today I'm feeling alot better!! 
Gone is the bloated and sloshing of liquids in my tummy feeling. Starting to really enjoy and embrace my cleanse, by chewing on my juices as suggested and taking this whole process with a positive attitude :)

I managed to get through work and a shoot quite smoothly. In fact, I wasn't feeling lethargic or hungry. I guess keeping yourself moderately busy is advisable cos you keep you mind off any cravings. Though I was craving some proper food, I didn't feel hungry at all. And the amazing thing is, I was craving for clear hot vege soups, or a vege noodle soup. In fact, the thought of greasy hawker food is making feel a little nauseous.

Stay tuned for the next 2 days of my cleansing commentary. I'm down for 2 scrumptious dinners and a lunch meeting this weekend, and let's just all see how I'm gonna fare. ahh I'm getting a little worried too....

Pillow was licking the colourful bottle and wanted some too


No comments:

Post a Comment